The last days of 2009 are blurry. Something about princesses, noisy fire trucks, pajamas on around the clock and lots of tv and take-out. Welcome 2010. We were feeling a tiny bit better on New Year's Eve. Enough to have pizza out rather than in. We put the kids to bed as soon as we got home and were not far behind ourselves. I'm sure that ball dropped just fine without our help.
Our health is much improved this week. Preschool started back (Yea!!) and we are getting back on schedule.
2010 promises some fun milestones for us along with lots of unexpected surprises I'm sure. Mycah will celebrate her Golden Birthday-turning 3 on the 3rd of February- and we will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We should move into the land of using the potty regularly and with success (and by "we" of course I mean at least one of our children!), big girl beds, more language skills for a point-n-grunt little boy, building new friendships and enjoying existing ones. And the biggest of all being the uncertainty of Tim's job and career. We are excitedly fearful and expectantly hopeful as we trust a God who can make something spectacular out of nothing with a mere whisper. Phillippians 3:10-14 will be ours this year.
I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection
and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings,
becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow,
to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already obtained all this,
or have already been made perfect,
but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind
and straining toward what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Here are some pictures from our second Christmas, celebrating in Greenville with Nana, Grandad, Aunt Kim, Granny, Elliot and Uncle Gregg via Skype on Christmas morning-what a treat.
This year we lived out "The Christmas Song" because Caleb is 1 and Granny is 92. 
This is Caleb on Christmas Eve with visions of sugar plums dancing in his head that's under the blanket.










You can see Uncle Gregg on the monitor. We got to watch him open his gift and stocking.
The Birthday Cake for Jesus. Mycah was very specific about it being chocolate.
2 comments:
VERY enjoyable, from the scriptures, encouraging outlook, reflections and vision forward, and did I mention the pictures? Terrific! Great to see Uncle Greg too. We are grateful for the update and look forward to prayerfully and otherwise supporting you through this new passage and season of life. We love you!
PJ
Okay, the thing about Granny and Caleb cracked me UP. I am praying with you and for you, and I am excited to see what's in store for you all this year.
The pictures are great- I love the last one of all of you. You are so SASSY in your boots!
Post a Comment